Lithuanian language may lack of strong swear words, but it won’t disappoint you when you need a rude saying which brings laughter to your company as well.
One of them can be applied very widely in situations when someone is too late to do something. Then we say “Traukinys šikančių nelaukia” which means “Train doesn’t wait for those who shit”.
– O ne! Matei, kiek dabar lėktuvo bilietai Kalėdoms kainuoja?
– Traukinys šikančių nelaukia. Reikėjo pirkti rugsėjį.
– Oh, no! Have you seen how much Christmas flights cost?
– Train doesn’t wait for those who shit. You had to buy them in September.
– Ką, jau nebėra torto?!
– Traukinys šikančių nelaukia.
– What? There’s no cake anymore?
– Train doesn’t wait for those who shit.